This is a two day programme organised by Local Enterprise Office, Galway
13th and 20th October 2015 – Contact Susan to book your place.
Participants will be required to attend both dates.
On completion of this programme, the participants will have:
- Secured their domain and/or installed WordPress and purchased hosting.
- Secured professional emails for their business if necessary.
- Created a Website plan – and created a plan for content generation.
- Published their site.
- Be familiar with Google Analytics and been introduced to Search Engine Optimisation.
- Considered how to integrate Social Media into their website.
– Donncha Hughes
Areas of expertise: Document preparation and Message Communication, Website Creation, Digital Marketing, Start Your Own Business, Business Plans and Business Planning, Sales & Marketing, Social Media, Elevator Pitches, Customer Research, Enterprise Agency Supports
The Workshop Specification – First Day
- Welcome & Introductions
- Securing your domain & hosting with Blacknight
- Get a matching Email Address(es) and set up to receive email on your Smartphone or iPad
- Installing WordPress
- Introduction to the WordPress Dashboard
- Demonstration of the features of several sites created using WordPress
- Pages, Posts & Categories
- Your Website Plan – Homework
- Designing your Site
- Sidebar Widgets
- Selecting your Theme – Homework
DAY 2 – AGENDA
- All about Plugins
- Social Media Integration
- Images for your Site
- Adding a Gallery
- Free images, clipart and free icons
- WordPress roles – Administrators, Editors and Users
- Optimising your Site
- SEO (Yoast)
- Cache Plugin / 404 Errors / Disqus
- Working with Google*
- Google Maps
- Google Places
- Google Analytics
- Webmaster Tools
- Google Authorship
* Working with Google … technical setting up of these services rather than in-depth how to use them
|This page is for information purposes only – please contact Local Enterprise Office Galway to book your place – I am contracted to deliver this programme as I secured the tender.
Feel free to check out my WordPress Training Workshop Page on this site for videos and more background information.
The following two tabs change content below.
Donncha Hughes is a mentor, trainer and business advisor. I deliver group and one to one training on Wordpress. My background is assisting business with development of marketing, business plans, grant and finance applications. See www.startuphughes.com for more...