Latest posts by Donncha Hughes (see all)
- Configuring Contact Form 7 WordPress - March 13, 2017
- Instructions to set up ‘Pay with a Tweet’ in WordPress - March 6, 2017
- How to embed an individual tweet in a WordPress blog or post? - March 6, 2017
Search Engine Optimisation for WordPress
The area of SEO evolves and changes. It is important to keep up to date to ensure that Best Practice approaches are followed by your small business in managing your website. The One Day SEO for WordPress aims to provide a detailed but concise overview of current Search Engine Optimisation best practice.
The One Day SEO for WordPress programme will address: on page SEO to include keyword research, long tail keywords, structure and navigation, images and meta data; and off page SEO to include natural backlinks, google business and the role of social media. The workshop will also address Calls to Action and Landing Page design within the context of inbound marketing for your business. Participants will be provided with an SEO for WordPress Checklist which includes a list of free tools.
Social Media for WordPress
I have a working knowledge of Social Media so I can discuss Twitter, YouTube Facebook and LinkedIn etc as part of WordPress Group Training and One to one engagements. But, I do NOT deliver specific Social Media Training programmes (for that I recommend Spiderworking.com Amanda is brilliant – blogs worth reading). It is important to figure out which social platform best suits your business and the level of investment warranted.
Your website is your starting platform for Social Media which is useful for referring traffic to your pages as part of your Online Marketing strategy. WordPress provides plugins to
- Create Share Bars so that visitors to your site can share your content on their Social Networks
- Display icons for all your Social Network profiles (these can also be built into Themes)
- Widget areas for inserting Facebook Like Boxes, and Badges for YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
- Other functionality (e.g. click to Tweet, pay with a Tweet)
Please contact me to discuss your Social Media for WordPress training requirements.
Please feel free to Like my business page on Facebook but please note that I do not really engage with my Facebook business page – I much prefer Twitter as my platform for sharing content.