- This event has passed.
Beginners Guide to WordPress – Setting Up Your Own Website (Day 1 of 2)
April 9, 2015€50
This is a two day programme organised by Local Enterprise Office, Galway
9th and 21st April 2015 – Contact Susan to book your place.
On completion of this programme, the participants will have:
- Secured their domain and/or installed WordPress and purchased hosting.
- Secured professional emails for their business if necessary.
- Created a Website plan – and created a plan for content generation.
- Published their site.
- Be familiar with Google Analytics and been introduced to Search Engine Optimisation.
- Considered how to integrate Social Media into their website.
– Donncha Hughes
Areas of expertise: Document preparation and Message Communication, Website Creation, Digital Marketing, Start Your Own Business, Business Plans and Business Planning, Sales & Marketing, Social Media, Elevator Pitches, Customer Research, Enterprise Agency Supports
The Workshop Specification – First Day
- Welcome & Introductions
- Securing your domain & hosting with Blacknight
- Get a matching Email Address(es) and set up to receive email on your Smartphone or iPad
- Installing WordPress
- Introduction to the WordPress Dashboard
- Demonstration of the features of several sites created using WordPress
- Pages, Posts & Categories
- Your Website Plan – Homework
- Designing your Site
- Sidebar Widgets
- Selecting your Theme – Homework
This page is for information purposes only – please contact Local Enterprise Office Galway to book your place – I am contracted to deliver this programme as I secured the tender.
Feel free to check out my WordPress Training Workshop Page on this site for videos and more background information.