- This event has passed.
Beginners Guide to WordPress – Setting Up Your Own Website (Day 2 of 2)
April 21, 2015 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm€50
This is the second day of a two day programme organised by Local Enterprise Office, Galway
9th and 21st April 2015 – Contact Susan to book your place.
On completion of this programme, the participants will have:
- Secured their domain and/or installed WordPress and purchased hosting.
- Secured professional emails for their business if necessary.
- Created a Website plan – and created a plan for content generation.
- Published their site.
- Be familiar with Google Analytics and been introduced to Search Engine Optimisation.
- Considered how to integrate Social Media into their website.
– Donncha Hughes
Areas of expertise: Document preparation and Message Communication, Website Creation, Digital Marketing, Start Your Own Business, Business Plans and Business Planning, Sales & Marketing, Social Media, Elevator Pitches, Customer Research, Enterprise Agency Supports
The Workshop Specification
- All about Plugins
- Contact Form
- Social Media Integration
- Images for your Site
- Adding a Gallery
- Free images, clipart and free icons
- WordPress roles – Administrators, Editors and Users
- Optimising your Site
- SEO (Yoast)
- Cache Plugin / 404 Errors / Disqus
- Working with Google*
- Google Maps
- Google Places
- Google Analytics
- Webmaster Tools
- Google Authorship
* Working with Google … technical setting up of these services rather than in-depth how to use them
This page is for information purposes only – please contact Local Enterprise Office Galway to book your place – I am contracted to deliver this programme as I secured the tender.
Feel free to check out my WordPress Training Page on this site for videos and more background information.