- This event has passed.
Set up your own website 17th & 24th February
February 17, 2016€50
This is a two day programme organised by Local Enterprise Office, Galway
17th and 24th February 2016 – Book on LEO Galway website
[button link=”https://www.localenterprise.ie/Galway/Training-Events/1-Day-Courses/SET-UP-YOUR-OWN-WEBSITE.html” target=”_blank” color=”blue” shape=”rounded” size=”small” align=”centre”]BOOK NOW – LEO GALWAY[/button]
Participants will be required to attend both dates. Contact Susan for more details.
** Advance Preparation
All participants will be issued with detailed instructions by email on how to secure a domain and install WordPress – a follow up phone will be made by the trainer to ensure that the setup has worked for everyone.
On completion of this programme, the participants will have:
- Secured their domain and/or installed WordPress and purchased hosting**.
- Secured professional emails for their business if necessary.
- Created a Website plan – and created a plan for content generation.
- Published their site.
- Be aware of Google Analytics and been introduced to Search Engine Optimisation.
- Considered how to integrate Social Media into their website.
– Donncha Hughes
Areas of expertise: Document preparation and Message Communication, Website Creation, Digital Marketing, Start Your Own Business, Business Plans and Business Planning, Sales & Marketing, Social Media, Elevator Pitches, Customer Research, Enterprise Agency Supports
The Workshop Specification – First Day
This is a two day programme that is structured as a ’20 step process step by step’ to create a Website using WordPress.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Recap : Securing your domain & hosting with Blacknight
- Get a matching Email Address(es) and set up to receive email on your Smartphone or iPad
- Introduction to the WordPress Dashboard
- Demonstration of the features of several sites of Galway businesses created using WordPress
- Pages, Posts & Categories
- Your Website Plan – Homework
- Designing your Site
- Sidebar Widgets
- Selecting your Theme – Homework
DAY 2 – AGENDA
- All about Plugins
- Contact Form
- Social Media Integration
- Images for your Site
- Adding a Gallery
- Free images, clipart and free icons
- WordPress roles – Administrators, Editors and Users
- Optimising your Site
- SEO (Yoast)
- Cache Plugin / 404 Errors / Disqus
- Working with Google*
- Google Maps
- Google Places
- Google Analytics
- Webmaster Tools
- Google Authorship
* Working with Google … technical setting up of these services rather than in-depth how to use them
|This page is for information purposes only – please contact Local Enterprise Office Galway to book your place – I am contracted to deliver this programme as I secured the tender.
Feel free to check out my WordPress Training Workshop Page on this site for videos and more background information.