- This event has passed.
Set up a Business Website – 7th & 14th March (2 Day Programme)
March 7, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm€50
Delighted to announce the 5th delivery of this WordPress for Business Programme, a two day programme delivered by Donncha Hughes, Business Advisor on behalf of Local Enterprise Office, Galway.
7th and 14th March 2017 – Book on LEO Galway website
[button link=”https://galwayleo.clearbookings.com/component/jbooka/?view=listing&Itemid=116&lid=125676″ target=”_blank” color=”blue” shape=”rounded” size=”small” align=”centre”]BOOK NOW – LEO GALWAY[/button]
Participants will be required to attend both dates. Contact Susan for more details.
** Advance Preparation
All participants will be issued with detailed instructions by email on how to secure a domain and install WordPress – a follow up phone will be made by the trainer to ensure that the setup has worked for everyone. Please note that participants are free to choose any Hosting Provider in order to purchase a domain and hosting service. The blogpost references Blacknight Solutions based in Carlow as this is the service used by the trainer.
LetsHost.ie is again offering hosting for 3 months FREE to all participants on this programme in 2017 – simply buy or transfer a domain for your business – this offer proved very popular in 2016 with participants. For more see this post…
On completion of this programme, the participants will have:
- Secured their domain and/or installed WordPress and purchased hosting**.
- Secured professional emails for their business if necessary.
- Created a Website plan – and created a plan for content generation.
- Published their site.
- Be aware of Google Analytics and been introduced to Search Engine Optimisation.
- Considered how to integrate Social Media into their website.
– Donncha Hughes
Areas of expertise: Document preparation and Message Communication, Website Creation, Digital Marketing, Start Your Own Business, Business Plans and Business Planning, Sales & Marketing, Social Media, Elevator Pitches, Customer Research, Enterprise Agency Supports
The Workshop Specification – First Day
This is a two day programme that is structured as a ’21 step process step by step’ to create a Website using WordPress.
- Welcome & Introductions
- Recap : Securing your domain & hosting
- Get a matching Email Address(es) and set up to receive email on your Smartphone or iPad
- Introduction to the WordPress Dashboard
- Demonstration of the features of several sites of Galway businesses created using WordPress
- Pages, Posts & Categories
- Your Website Plan – Homework
- Designing your Site
- Sidebar Widgets
- Selecting your Theme – Homework
DAY 2 – AGENDA
- All about Plugins
- Contact Form
- Social Media Integration
- Images for your Site
- Adding a Gallery
- Free images, clipart and free icons
- WordPress roles – Administrators, Editors and Users
- Optimising your Site
- SEO (Yoast)
- Cache Plugin / 404 Errors / Google Captcha
- Working with Google*
- Google Maps
- Google Places (now called Google Business)
- Google Analytics
- Webmaster Tools
* Working with Google … technical setting up of these services rather than in-depth how to use them
|This page is for information purposes only – please contact Local Enterprise Office Galway to book your place – here for online booking|
Feel free to check out my WordPress Training Workshop Page on this site for videos and more background information.
Latest posts by Donncha Hughes (see all)
- Adding Facebook Page Feed and your Twitter Timeline to your WordPress blog (updated 2020) - December 4, 2020
- Working with Images for your Website - April 14, 2020
- How to get an email address to match your website URL? - March 31, 2020
- Local Enterprise Office Galway
- 091 565269